CCEC has initiated environmental enforcement action against Placer County for actions connected with approval of a sprawling second-home development on 662 acres of forest near Kings Beach at iconic Lake Tahoe. The proceeding addresses the county's--
- Failure to recognize large traffic impacts on the North Shore
- Failure to report effects of widening highway 267
- Failure to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions
- Failure to consider tree mortality epidemic in the Sierras
- Failure to fund cycling paths as sustainable transportation
- Failure to consider clustering of homes as an alternative to sprawl
- Failure to recognize that second homes don't reduce energy consumption.
Petition for Writ of Mandate can be found here.
Do you like this post?